The seeds of “unleashing learning” were sown earlier this. The Learning2 Conference was the farms lands and the farmers, Sam Sherratt and Rebekah Madrid began the Disrupt Season by allowing the participants to share a little about their beliefs.
This orientation led to cross pollination and the introduction of a new species – made up of three elements from Melbourne, Australia, one from Singapore and one from Shanghai. The dream to allow learners to feel a sense of belonging, ownership and to have a choice within their learning was sown. As the elements interacted, roots were anchored.
The ground work is in place. Now we will provide the sun and water to watch a conference, based on L2 to germinate. It will allow participants to Imagine and experience the powerful learning that happens when learners feel they are valued members of a learning community, empowered by ownership of their learning
It’s easy to be a part of the season when blossoms bloom and learning is unleashed … on 13/14 March 2016.
Join our learning community in any of the following ways:
- share ideas for and help organise the event in any way you can
- attend our conference on 13 and/or 14 March 2016 as a participant
- present an inspiring 5 minute talk, based on a personal learning experience or powerful
- message of your own.
- present a 90 minute interactive workshop exploring an aspect of ‘unleashing learning’ – powerful learning that happens when learners feel they are valued members of a learning community, empowered by ownership of their learning.
- facilitate a group reflection session.
- if you’re coming from afar, spend a few more days at our school, observing, engaging and exchanging ideas.